Published on May 31st, 2013 | by Swiss Britt0
How the Locals Beef it Up:
- Chew with a View – The Breakers (386)428-2019, 518 Flagler Ave., NSB: An NSB staple for over 20 years The Breakers is a great place to grab a bite. With 16 different burgers to choose from you will definitely find the one to suit your mood. If you’re feeling spicy go for the Inferno Burger to break a sweat, or keep it classic with a cheeseburger. Breakers is located at the end of Flagler Ave. right next to the beach ramp, making it the perfect spot for a scenic lunch. Watch the waves break on the shore as you enjoy some of the best burgers in town. Breakers is open daily at 11 a.m. Don’t shy away if it’s packed, it’s a sign the food is good.
- Get Lost – Lost Lagoon Wings and Grill (386) 366-3360, 515 N. Dixie Freeway, NSB: Join them Mondays for burger madness and get a 9oz Black Angus burger and fries for only $7.00. Located on Dixie Freeway, this little place packs a tasty punch. Don’t let the outside fool you, they know how to make a burger. Try one of their specialty burgers like the “Search and Rescue” with buffalo sauce, or the “Black and Blue” with blue cheese and black pepper. Lost Lagoon is open every day at 11 a.m. They close at 10 p.m. Mon.- Thurs., Fri. and Sat. they close at 11 p.m. and Sundays they are open till 9 p.m. Check them out to satisfy your burger craving today.
- Not your Average Joe - Big Joe’s Subs (386)423-2254, 523 Canal St., NSB: Located on historic Canal Street in NSB, Big Joe’s is small on space and huge on taste. Stop by this quaint little eatery for some of the best food around. The name says they have good subs but it doesn’t do their burgers justice. Nothing fancy here – just classic burgers done right. Try the “Jumbo Bacon Cheeseburger” for a real treat to your taste buds. Having trouble deciding between burger and sub? Get both and have them make any of their burgers into a sub. Join them 8 a.m. to 7 p.m. Mon.-Fri. Get there by 6:45 p.m. for grilled selections. They are open Sat. 8 a.m. – 5 p.m. and Big Joe’s stays pretty busy so they take a break on Sundays.
- Down on the Corner - Jason’s Corner (386) 424-9878, 135 Canal St., NSB: Jason’s Corner offers great patio seating with a view of historic Canal Street. Join them for breakfast, lunch or dinner. Their ½ lb. Angus burger will satisfy any burger craving. Beef up your burger with jalapenos, onion straws, bacon, or mushrooms. As you dine, look around and enjoy the array of local artists and historic Canal Street photos adorning the walls. Jason’s Corner is available for your dining pleasure for breakfast and lunch Mon.-Sat. 7:30 a.m. to 3 p.m. and Sundays 7:30 a.m. to 2 p.m., and for dinner they are open Tues. through Sat. 5 p.m. to 9 p.m.
- Que the Grill - Dustin’s Barbecue (386) 423-5299, 1208 S. Ridgewood Ave., Edgewater: Dustin’s has been serving the Edgewater/ NSB area since 1991 with to die for barbecue and one of the freshest salad bars around. Their cozy country atmosphere is just as southern as their sweet tea.When you can pry yourself from the pulled pork check out their burger. It’s a half pounder made with ground sirloin, hand formed and char-grilled to your preference. Dustin’s can satisfy your burger needs Mon. – Sun. 11 a.m. to 9 p.m.
* The Breakers Blue Cheese Bacon Burger is the featured image pictured above.