There are a number ways to view our event calendar.
Click the icon to change the view of the calendar.
You can also search for different types of events using the Category Dropdown
June – August 2013
- The Amazon Rainforest with Shy Morris ACA Community Artist – Inspired by the wildlife of the rainforest, students will create flowers, vibrant fish and butterflies using all recycled materials.
- Houses Around the World with Nicole Yatulis New Teacher – Kids will learn about different dwelling types from around the world. Using their imaginations they will create their own blueprints for a house using the cyanotype process.
- African Drums with Yvette Hartley – Always a favorite, Miss Yvette gets them playing and swaying to the rhythm of the drums of Africa.
ACA Community Artist – in – Residence open call application deadline.
- Multi-Cultural Masks with Steve Hardock – One of our most popular teachers will have the children discover how different cultures use masks while making some of their own.
- India and Bollywood with Amber Johnson, Surfscape Dancer – The campers will learn about India and the culture of Bollywood while exploring new movements and having fun.
- Italy’s Fantastic Frescoes with Nicole Yatulis (New Teacher)- Kids will explore Italy’s amazing frescoes as seen in the Tuscan region and then make and paint their own fresco with plaster.
- Animal Totem Poles with Peggy Imbert- The young artists will learn about the Native Americans of the Pacific Northwest while making their very own animal totems.
- Folk Art of Mexico with Sue Brown – The kids will create fantasy animals based on Oaxacan carvings, exican silver suns, and, if time allows, Huichol yarn paintings.
- Rhythms from Around the World with Shrimpy – The title says it all! They’ll explore musical rhythms from around the world. It’s Shrimpy, so you know it will be fun!
- India & The Elephant Festival with Sue Brown – Students will explore the art of India as seen in the annual Elephant Festival. They will design and create their own 3D elephant dressed to perfection,.
- Around the World Board Game with Steve Hardock – Escape from a mummy, climb the Alps, discover aliens in the desert!!! Students will create a game board and make the game pieces for a game that will take them around the world.
- The World of Dance with Simeon Newton, Surfscape Dancer – Explore the World of Dance with Modern, Hip-hop, Jazz and a pinch of Ballet.
- Create Your Own Country! with Peggy Imbert – Bound to be fun, campers will design their own country through a variety of projects: flags, masks, crests, newspapers, etc.
- Portraits from Around the World with Shelley Niswonger – After learning about portraiture from around the world, campers will take each other’s pictures in a mini-studio setting and use them to make mixed media artwork.
- India and Yoga with Ashley Hearn, Surfscape Dancer – Children will learn about India and practice the art of yoga. They’ll have fun working on stretching and postures as a means of building agility and strength.
- Romania and Destination Journals with Dina Mack (New Teacher!) – Campers will learn about the art, folklore and traditions of Romania while painting, making maps, journaling and much more.
- Awesome Australia with Martha Lent – Kids will learn about the people, arts and culture of Australia. Students will create a “Dreaming Painting” in the finger painting style of the Papunya. They’ll also create a mixed media “shield” and boomerang.
- World of Song and Dance with Shrimpy – Song AND dance? AWESOME! They’ll explore songs & dances from around the world. It’s Shrimpy, you know it will be fun!