Published on March 14th, 2013 | by Swiss Britt0
Kiss me I’m Irish
Get your green on and celebrate St. Pat’s day seaside style with NSB.
Head to Flagler Avenue for the annual Shamrock & Roll and newly added “St Practice” days starting Thursday night. Then join them on Sunday at the Pot O’ Gold treasure hunt from 5-9 p.m. for your chance to win $500 cash. Enjoy traditional Irish fare and lots of green beer, Guiness, dancing and prizes.
Here is my list of great spots to celebrate this St. Pat’s Day in NSB:
- Tasty Tayton’s - Tayton O’ Brian’s Irish Pub (386) 951-3869, 410 Flagler Ave., NSB: Hit up this Irish pub for a little taste of Ireland right here in NSB. They feature an extensive beer menu and a delicious food one as well, with some traditional Irish fare such as bangers and mashed or corned beef and cabbage. Kick off St. Pat’s weekend right. Start Thursday night with live music from Irish duo Drumstick and “Kill-a-Keg” with green beer for only 25 cents. The party continues with live music Friday, Saturday and Sunday. Sunday morning the festivities begin at 10:30 a.m. with an actual fiddler on the roof featuring Charlie Gear.
- No Place Like OM - OM Bar and Chill Lounge (386)-423-2727, 392 Flagler Ave., NSB: Say congrats to this local favorite for turning 6 this past January! Located on Flagler Avenue this little hangout boasts an array of bottled and draft beers with one of the best craft beer selections in town. You can also purchase fine wines by the bottle to be enjoyed in OM or your home. Join them St. Patty’s day for the best happy hour on the Ave. and of course some Corned Beef and Cabbage. OM bar is also going to be running specials on car bombs and serving green beer. With lounge or patio seating available and plenty of dancing room, OM is the perfect spot to listen to live music this St. Patty’s Day: 1:00 p.m. to 3:30 p.m. – Charlie Gear: Celtick Violin; 3:30 p.m. to 5:30 p.m. – Sqwelch: Bagpipes and Irish Drinking Songs; 5:30 p.m. to 1:00 a.m. – Mike Dugan & The Blues Mission. Check the nsbObserver.com Community Calendar for OM Bar’s monthly line up.
- Irish Cantina - Clancy’s Cantina (386)-428-4500, 301 Flagler Ave., NSB: A local favorite for over 20 years now, this “South of the Border” inspired restaurant is sure to please. Start off with their ever so popular queso dip and fresh homemade salsa. Don’t forget the top-notch margaritas! You can order frozen or on the rocks in a mouthwatering variety of flavors including peach and honeydew melon. Join them this St. Patty’s day for their special menu including Reuben’s, Shepherd’s Pie, lamb stew and corned beef and cabbage. With plenty of indoor and patio seating, this is a great place to go green and enjoy live music Friday through Sunday.
- Stew Me - Malony’s Oyster Bar (386) 424-1312 147, Canal St., NSB: Located on historic Canal Street, this little gem will wow you with their delicious oysters, fabulous stews and cozy atmosphere. Check them out on Tuesday’s when they celebrate being Irish every week with live music and a Guiness filled glass Beer Boot. Join them St. Patty’s day for live Irish music, pints of Guiness and of course corned beef and cabbage. When you can’t dance anymore take a stroll along the scenic riverside park just down the street. Seafood and oysters available by season, call for availability.
- Wingman- Mckenna’s Place (386) 409-3355 1443, S. Dixie Freeway, NSB: Tucked in a corner of the New Smyrna Beach Shopping Center, just south of the Beacon Movie theater, is Mckenna’s Place. Known for good times, cold beer, fresh oysters and great wings, this local favorite is getting ready to celebrate their 11 year anniversary. Hit up Mckenna’s this St. Patty’s day for a special St. Patty’s menu including Shepherds Pie and Irish Stew Loaf. Get your “I Survived St. Patty’s Day” T-shirt for only $9 and celebrate with the 2012 Star of the South’s Best Staff.