Published on February 20th, 2013 | by NSB Observer0
NASCAR Launches Largest Brand Campaign Ever
DAYTONA BEACH, Fla. (Feb. 20, 2013) /PRNewswire/ — Big brands break new commercials at DAYTONA 500®, andNASCAR is no exception. NASCAR will reveal a brand new creative vision – a campaign featuring more than two dozen drivers, with nine original spots in both English and Spanish. The drama-filled campaign will premiere during NASCAR’s crown-jewel event, the Daytona 500. The race will broadcast live onFOX and FOX Deportes on Feb. 24 beginning at 1 pm ET.
At the heart of the campaign are NASCAR drivers, who help bring to life the unpredictability and drama of NASCAR racing, both on and off the track. With an unprecedented incorporation of drivers, number of creative treatments featuring new digital engagement, radio and print, this is by far the most comprehensive and integrated campaign NASCAR has ever launched.
“The campaign was created to excite existing fans while engaging with new audiences, and is representative of whereNASCAR is headed as a sport,” said Kim Brink, NASCAR, vice president, marketing. “In developing the spots, we wanted to celebrate the heart of what makes our sport unique, challenge existing perceptions, inspire the entire industry and do it all as authentically and confidently as possible.”
The spots are:
- We Are (English and Spanish) – Highlights the pageantry, power, magnitude and scale of community that fans can only experience through NASCAR.
- Twist (English and Spanish) – Portrays the emotion, drama, and many levels of duality within the sport in truly unexpected fashion.
- Rivals (English and Spanish) – Spotlights actual on-track rivalries among drivers, including that of two legendary NASCARheroes.
- Chess (English and Spanish) – Gets inside the mind of a driver during a race, coolly breaking down the strategic thought process of drivers while they compete on the track.
- Resumé (English) – Uses a light-hearted tone to highlight the personalities of the drivers as they vie for a spot on fans’NASCAR Fantasy Live rosters.
- Wanna Know (English) – Offers fans an unmatched look at the sport through the eyes of the drivers in order to promoteNASCAR’s newly revamped NASCAR.com and its suite of digital fan engagement products.
NASCAR’s new brand campaign was developed by Ogilvy & Mather’s New York office, inclusive of Ogilvy Rojo, the Hispanic arm of the agency, which was awarded the business after an extensive pitch process in summer 2012.
“There’s no sport in the world with a more loyal and passionate fan base than NASCAR. Drivers are what make NASCAR racing so dramatic and unpredictable for everyone,” explained John Seifert, Chairman and CEO of Ogilvy & Mather North America. “To bring the NASCAR experience to life, we helped create a brand platform that reflects the roots and character of what makes NASCAR unique, personified by remarkable athletes who will ensure that this sport remains the greatest show on earth.”
In addition to the brand campaign, NASCAR will continue to focus on seven planks strategically aimed at growing the sport: Gen Y, Youth, Multicultural, Digital/Social Media, Event Experience, Product Relevance and a focus on Driver Star Power. Already this year, the industry is experiencing many firsts across all of these platforms, including the reacquisition of its digital rights, the unveiling of the new Gen-6 race cars that will reignite rivalries on the race track and in showrooms nationwide, and the first-ever live Spanish-language broadcast of NASCARSprint Cup Series races.
Don’t forget to tune-in to the Daytona 500 (Feb. 24, 1 p.m. ET). The race will air on FOX, FOX Deportes, Motor Racing Network Radio and Sirius XM Radio with additional coverage onNASCAR.COM.
To download b-roll of the commercial shoot, please click here
*Featured Image: NASCAR Drive for Diversity Driver Daniel Suarez on set for NASCAR Brand Campaign on January 14, 2013 in Charlotte, North Carolina (Photo by Jamey PriceGetty Images for NASCAR)