Published on March 5th, 2013 | by NSB Observer0
Votran Changes Routes for Bike Week
Daytona Beach - Bike Week brings heavy traffic and Votran riders should expect some delays, interruptions and possible route deviations. Schedule delays will begin Wednesday, March 13, and will continue to occur through Sunday, March 17.
“Votran will make every effort to notify customers as soon as the detours and route deviations are expected,” said Steve Sherrer, Votran general manager. “Buses will be rerouted to secondary roads when traffic becomes congested.” The latter part of Bike Week tends to affect Votran routes/schedules more than the earlier days, added Sherrer. Detours are subject to change without notice.
Votran route deviations during Bike Week include the following:
- The buses will be unable to use Main Street beginning Friday, March 8.
- Route 17A/B will use the International Speedway Boulevard bridge. If traffic on International Speedway Boulevard becomes too congested, Route 17A/B will detour to the Orange Avenue bridge.
- There will be service interruptions on International Speedway Boulevard. There will be no service to the Daytona Beach Flea Market.
- Route 18 will detour from North Atlantic Avenue (S.R. A1A) at University Boulevard and use Halifax Avenue to travel to the Transfer Plaza beginning Wednesday, March 13.
- Night service will operate out of the Transfer Plaza from Wednesday, March 13, through Saturday, March 16. Sunday service will operate out of the Transfer Plaza Sunday, March 17.
- Routes 1, 18, 19 and the trolley will make service stops on S.R. A1A. Route 8 will make service stops on Halifax Avenue.
- The Beachside Trolley will be split into two routes. The North Trolley will travel west on Silver Beach Avenue, east on International Speedway Boulevard, and north on Granada Boulevard. The South Trolley will travel west on International Speedway Boulevard, east on Silver Beach Avenue and south to Dunlawton Avenue.